Caroline L Sokol, MD
Research Fellow in Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Dr. Sokol
is on DoximityAs a Doximity member you’ll join over half a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Massachusetts General Hospital
100 Blossom St; Cox 201
Boston, MA 02114
Education & Training
- Massachusetts General HospitalFellowship
- Massachusetts General HospitalResidency
- Yale University School of MedicineMedical School
Certifications & Licensure
- MA State Medical License 2013 – 2018
- American Board of Allergy and Immunology Allergy & Immunology
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
Publications & Presentations
- The Chemokine System in Innate Immunity. Sokol CL
Luster AD; Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2015 Jan 29
- Chemokines and chemokine receptors: positioning cells for host defense and immunity. Griffith, J. W.,Sokol, C. L.,Luster, A. D.; Annu. Rev. Immunol.. 2014 Mar 25.
- 39 citationsAirway epithelial MyD88 restores control of Pseudomonas aeruginosa murine infection via an IL-1-dependent pathway. Mijares LA
Kazmierczak BI; J Immunol. 2011 Jun 15
- 59 citationsRole of basophils in the initiation of Th2 responses. Sokol CL
Medzhitov R; Curr Opin Immunol. 2010 Feb
- 33 citationsEmerging functions of basophils in protective and allergic immune responses. Sokol, C. L.,Medzhitov, R.; Mucosal Immunol. 2010 Jan 15.
- 373 citationsBasophils function as antigen-presenting cells for an allergen-induced T helper type 2 response. Sokol CL
Medzhitov R; Nat Immunol. 2009 Jul
- 500 citationsA mechanism for the initiation of allergen-induced T helper type 2 responses. Sokol CL
Medzhitov R; Nat Immunol. 2008 Mar
- Bilateral lung transplantation in a patient with humoral immune deficiency: a case report with review of the literature. Farmer, J. R.,Sokol, C. L.,Bonilla, F. A.,Murali, M. R.,Kradin, R. L.,Astor, T. L.,Walter, J. E.; Case Reports Immunol. 2014 Nov 08.
- 5 more in this section…Join now to see the full profile
- Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.Join over 500,000 U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Find your profile and take control of your online presence: