Efren L Rael, MD
Faculty, Stanford School of Medicine, Clinical Director Sean N. Parker Center for Allergy Research, Stanford University
- Dr. Rael
is on DoximityAs a Doximity member you’ll join over half a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Education & Training
- University of South FloridaFellowship
- Lahey ClinicResidency
- Boston University Medical CenterResidency
- UCLA Medical CenterInternship
- Boston University School of MedicineMedical School
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License 2015 – 2018
- PA State Medical License 2010 – 2016
- FL State Medical License 2008 – 2012
- American Board of Allergy and Immunology Allergy & Immunology
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- ASCIA National Asthma Council Award ASCIA, 2012
Publications & Presentations
- Unraveling the complexity of leukotriene and prostaglandin inflammatory signaling. Rael, E.; J. Allergy Clin. Immunol.. 2015 Nov 01.
- Optimal duration of allergen immunotherapy. Rael, E.,Lockey, R. F.; J. Allergy Clin. Immunol.. 2014 Dec 03.
- 9 citationsThe Hyper-IgE Syndromes: Lessons in Nature, From Bench to Bedside. Rael, E. L.,Marshall, R. T.,McClain, J. J.; World Allergy Organ J. 2012 Jul.
- 7 citationsOxymetazoline hydrochloride combined with mometasone nasal spray for persistent nasal congestion (pilot study). Rael, E. L.,Ramey, J.,Lockey, R. F.; World Allergy Organ J. 2011 Mar 01.
- Treatment with rituximab and brentuximab vedotin in a patient of common variable immune deficiency-associated classic Hodgkin lymphoma. Rael, E.,Rakszawski, K.,Koller, K.,Bayerl, M.,Butte, M.,Zheng, H.; Biomark Res. 1900 Jan 01.
- 2 more in this section…Join now to see the full profile
- Journal Articles
- Clinical findings in patients with co-morbid conditions of asthma and diabetes. Brooks J, Henao MP, Rael E., Am J. Respir Crit Care Med, 2015;191,(P482)A4320., 5/18/2015
- Obesity correlates with asthma risk. Rael E., Am J. Respir Crit Care Med, 2015;191,(P490)A4328., 5/18/2015
- Asthma COPD overlap syndrome is associated with significant breathing risk. Rael E., Am J. Respir Crit Care Med, 2015;191,(P647)A2844., 5/18/2015
- The one airway hypothesis, mechanical, physiologic, immunologic, neurologic, or all of the above? Rael, E., Am. J. Respir Crit Care Med, 2015;191,(P993)A5039., 5/18/2015
- A comparison of lipid levels in diabetics with and without asthma. Henao MP, Brooks J, Rael E., Am J. Respir Crit Care Med, 2015;191,(P145)A1702., 5/17/2015
- Physical exam findings, quality of life effects, and co-morbid conditions associated with immunodeficiency. Brooks J, Rael E, Swavely S., Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2015:135(S2), AB102., 2/22/2015
- Air pollution correlates with ACQ scores. Henao M, Song E, Rosenberg J, Gleeson P, Milano V, Lucas R, Rael E., Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2015:135(S2), AB108., 2/22/2015
- Positive intradermal mold skin testing correlates with past and future asthma emergency room visits and hospitalizations. Rael E., Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2015:135(S2), AB242., 2/22/2015
- Eye symptoms correlate with asthma severity Chen M, Rael E, Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, 11/15/2014
- Association between asthma control and body mass index in asthmatics. Gleeson P, Rael E, Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, 11/15/2014
- Optimal duration of allergen immunotherapy Rael E, Lockey R, Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 10/1/2014
- Increased hyperlipidemia in co-morbid asthma and diabetes. Rael, E; Johl, M, American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 5/18/2014
- Autosomal Dominant Hyper IgE Syndrome Caused By A Novel Signal Transducer and Activator Of Transcription 3 (stat3) H410Y Mutation In The DNA Binding Domain Rael, E; Ishmael, F, American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 5/18/2014
- Language disparities among minority patients with poor asthma control. Zaragoza-buxo J, Rael E, Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 2/2014
- Infectious asthma trigger, ACQ score and MiniRQLQ score correlations support the one airway hypothesis. Virojanapa A, Shah P, Omondi A, Rael E., Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 2/2014
- Are environmental factors more important in asthma than genetic factors? Rael E., Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 2/2014
- Central nervous system vasculitis in common variable immunodeficiency Krishnaiah B, Rael E, Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, 11/2013
- Protracted anaphylaxis in a 35 year old female with no prior history of food allergies. Patel A, Rael E, Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, 11/2013
- Salivary microRNAs as biomarkers of asthma Ishmael F, Roff A, Craig T, Rael E, Howrylak J, Ghaffari G, Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, 11/2013
- Asthma phenotype triggers correlate with clinical outcome. Rael E, Shah P., Internal Medicine Journal., 2012
- Interleukin-13 signaling and its role in asthma. Rael E, Lockey RF., World Allergy Organization Journal., 2011
- Oxymetazoline Hydrochloride combined with Mometasone Nasal Spray for persistent nasal congestion. Rael EL, Ramey JT, Lockey RF, Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology., 2010
- TNF Receptor-Associated Periodic Fever Syndrome (TRAPS) caused by TNFR SF1A R121Q, (R92Q) mutation in exon 4. Rael EL, Kohler MJ, Craven DE, Kovacs SC, Lockey RF., Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, 2009
- Long Term Outcome (10 years) Following Discontinuation of Venom Immunotherapy. Riester DE, Rael E, Saryan D, Saryan JA., Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology., 2009
- Autoimmune Lymphoproliferative Syndrome (ALPS) caused by a novel TNFR SF6 CD95 Fas 224(+2) t->c, mutation in the splice site region in intron 1. Rael E, Sher M, Bleesing J, Sleasman J., Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology., 2009
- Successful allopurinol desensitizaiton case report. Rael E, Riester D, Saryan J., Allergy and Asthma Proceedings., 2007
- Pasteurella multocida abscess and fasciitis presenting as chronic leg edema. Benou C, Rael E, Welch H, Craven DE., Infections in Medicine, 2006
- The FXYD gene family of small ion transport regulators or channels: cDNA sequence, protein signature, and expression. Sweadner KJ, Rael E, Genomics, 2000
- Splice variants of the Na,K-ATPase gamma subunit. In: Taniguchi K, Kaya S, eds. Na/K-ATPase and Related ATPases. Sweadner, KJ, Rael E, Wentzel RK, Arystarkhova E, Na/K-ATPase and Related ATPases. Amsterdam: Elsevier., 2000
- The Na,K-ATPase gamma subunit modulates Na+ and K+ affinity. Arystarkhova E, Wetzel R, Rael E, Asinovski N, Sweadner, KJ., Biophysical Journal, 2000
- 27 more in this section…Join now to see the full profile
- Books/Book Chapters
- Antimicrobial Resistance – Problem Pathogens and Clinical Countermeasures Chapter: Shorter Course Antibiotic Therapy (SCAT): Principles, Current Data, and Caveats. Page 337 – 370
Craven DE, McQuillen DP, Ooi WW, Jacoby GA, Rael EL, Craven KS.
Editors: Owens, RC Jr and Lautenbach E.Informa Healthcare USA, Inc, New York, NY
- Continuing medical education examination. Deciphering gene-environment interactions through mouse models of allergic asthma. Phillips J, Varghese M, Rael E, Kim D, Lockey RF., Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Asthma, Diagnosis and Therapeutics Committee 2011 – 2015
American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Asthma, Committee on the Underserved 2011 – 2015
American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Asthma, Genetics, Molecular Biology and Epidemiology 2011 – 2015
- Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.Join over 500,000 U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Find your profile and take control of your online presence: