Q. Can we correct back pain through chiropractic treatment?



Hi doctor,

I am a 26 year old male. I have mild back pain for over two years. Also, I feel uncomfortable while walking, a feeling of unbalance and pain in my right leg. I have gone to orthopedician and he recommended for an MRI scan of spine. I have attached the report here. The MRI scan shows mild bulge at L5-S1. Please have a look and feel free to comment. Please reply if it can be corrected through chiropractic treatment.





Welcome to dr.sitehome.info.

I understand your symptoms and I saw the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

  • There is no worrisome compression on your cord. You should do spinal extension exercises and isometric neck exercises to prevent significant spinal degeneration.
  • The scan does not explain your unbalance while walking. I mean to say that your unbalance is not because of the spine problem.
  • Right leg pain can be because of spine problem. It should improve with exercise, I suggested.
  • Regarding your unbalance, I would like to know a few more things to find out its cause. Since how long you have it? Do you sway on the sides?
  • Do you feel as if your head is spinning? Is it related to change in position? Do you have any hearing problem? Does your imbalance increase if you close your eyes?
  • Any changes in your handwriting off late? Are you a vegetarian or non-vegetarian or mixed diet?
  • Was your vitamin B12 levels checked recently? If so, were they normal?
  • We do not recommend chiropractic therapy. You do not need it as of now, rather I would request you to meet physiotherapist and learn the exercises I mentioned.

For further information consult a spine surgeon online –>https://www.dr.sitehome.info/ask-a-doctor-online/spine-surgeon

Ask a Doctor Online





Medical Questions

Facebook Comments

Post a comment