Q. How to find out the reason for chest pain?



Hi doctor,

My grandmother is 68 years old. She has a habit of drinking almost every evening, but not too much. For the past three days, she has had this acute pain in her back area right below her shoulders and has spread to the front of her chest. She has lost appetite and has not eaten much in the past three days. Our local physician said that it is due to some sort of stomach irritation from the increase in her white blood cell count. The doctor prescribed some medication, but it does not seem to be of much help as her pain is still there and increasing sometimes. I have listed the medications. Zerodol-P, Fexokast, Rabidoc-LS and Antacid gel. I would be very grateful for some medical advice.





Welcome to dr.sitehome.info.

  • Raised white blood count suggests infection and pain in the chest area indicates lung involvement or heart involvement.
  • I would suggest you to carry out a chest x-ray and EKG (electrocardiogram) to rule out lung and heart pathology as the cause of her symptoms.
  • Meanwhile, Aceclofenac will further aggravate her gastritis if present. So I suggest tablet Pantop (Pantoprazole) to relieve gastritis.
  • If infection is found, then she needs a short course of antibiotics. Consult her specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

Revert back with the investigation report to an internal medicine physician online –> https://www.dr.sitehome.info/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Ask a Doctor Online





Medical Questions

[], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], []

Facebook Comments

Post a comment