Q. How to get relief from heel spurs?



Hello doctor,

My mom, who is 52 years old, has developed a heel spur on both legs, which was discovered 6 months ago.  Sometimes, it pains a lot. She is currently on Proxym 200, Pantosec and Zelac-B. I have attached her x-ray for your reference. Please advise how to get relief and if any treatment needed.





Welcome to dr.sitehome.info.

  • You have mentioned and I can also see heel spurs on the x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • My suggestion is that if there is no associated swelling or skin redness, then start the following treatment with the consent of your doctor.
  1. Ice packs for local application three to four times in a day for 10-15 minutes every time.
  2. Use a local analgesic spray like Dynapar QPS spray (Diclofenac) for local application after ice fomentation.
  3. Your mother can take anti-inflammatory medication like tablet Durapain (combination of Diclofenac and Tramadol) one tablet twice a day for five to seven days. It can induce a bit of nausea.
  • Orthotic or footwear modification is very important to relieve stress and pressure on spur, so please visit your orthotist and discuss my suggestion.
  • Meanwhile, I would want you get a few blood tests done on an empty stomach for your mother. They are CBC – complete blood count, ESR – erythrocyte sedimentation rate, CRP (C-reactive protein) and serum uric acid.

Revert back with the test reports to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online –> https://www.dr.sitehome.info/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

Ask a Doctor Online





Medical Questions

[], [], [], [], [], [], [], []

Facebook Comments

Post a comment