Q. I have been suffering from back pain. Please help.



Hi doctor,

I am a software engineer. I am suffering from back pain at the end of ribcage. Since one month I have been facing this issue. Pain starts when I sit for longer time like one to two hours continuously. If I walk frequently then also the pain starts slowly and sometimes the pain is unbearable. After lunch, it is increasing more. If I walk for 20 to 30 minutes then I am able to sit for 20 minutes then again the pain starts. I am unable to concentrate my work due to this pain. I thought it as a big issue and I went for a full body health checkup. After checkup, I have consulted cardiologist and general physician. Both told me that there is no problem. General physician suggested a few medicine for gas trouble. Please see the attached doctor’s prescription for your reference. After completing the course of medicine, I am still feeling pain. So, I have consulted an orthopedician. After taking x-ray, he suggested a few medicines. I have been taking these medicines from last 10 days, but still pain is not going away. I had a gynecomastia surgery one and a half years ago. Now, again I can see the gynecomastia. I have not consulted the doctor in this regard, but the primary problem is related to pain which is making my life hell. Please help me in this regards.





Welcome to dr.sitehome.info.

We are here to help you.

I read your detailed history and studied your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It seems to be muscular in origin. It can be costochondritis pain and that takes at least four to six weeks to settle down.

My recommendations in such case would be to do hot fomentation at least three to four times a day. Also to walk after all meals to avoid indigestion.

Taking a combination of Gabapentin and Nortriptyline helps greatly.

In some cases such pain could be an initial symptom of herpes zoster where initially there is neuropathic pain followed by lesions after few days or weeks. If you develop any write back to me.

I would otherwise suggest you to keep patience for a few weeks and the pain would go away.

For further information consult a general medicine physician online –>https://www.dr.sitehome.info/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

Ask a Doctor Online





Medical Questions

[], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], []

Facebook Comments

Post a comment