Q. Is there any alternative test for cardiac catheterization?



Hi doctor,

I have been having many issues in the last two years. My main issue right now is that I get a weird feeling in my stomach like I want to growl but I cannot. I am having shortness of breath, numbness of hands, tingling and heavy feeling. I feel like passing out and my heart starts to race. I usually burp when I get these feelings. I cannot walk far distances and these started happening about a week ago. I have had two stress tests. The first one was six months ago with heart echo. I wore a Holter monitor for a month and had several EKGs but nothing found in all of them. Now recently I have had my blood pressure shoot up and I am currently on blood pressure medicines. I am 35 years old and overweight. I have lost about 100 lbs and I am at 265. My other issues that I have been diagnosed were diverticulitis, gallbladder dyskinesia, gastritis and GERD. My cardiologist wants to do a cardiac catheterization next. Is there are any other alternative test that are not so invasive? Also really do I need it? These attacks I get are very scary and I have ended up in it several times but nothing was found. Could this be something else? I have read about vagus nerve issues as well as stomach issues that can cause similar symptoms. Should I get the cardiac catheterization test?





Welcome to dr.sitehome.info.

  • Stomach feelings can be due to diverticulitis (infected pouches in the colon) and GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease).
  • There is a possibility of Stokes-Adams syndrome (sudden collapse and unconsiousness). Get a carotid sensitivity test (only massage over carotids but under hospital monitoring).
  • Doing catheterization will rule out cardiac causes and you will feel relaxed, do both coronary angiogram and EP (electrophysiology) study.
  • Check with ENT as some have internal ear problem while having high BP. Also test your hemoglobin level.

For further information consult a cardiologist online –> https://www.dr.sitehome.info/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

Ask a Doctor Online





Medical Questions

Facebook Comments

Post a comment