Q. Other than laser, how to treat CSR in eye?



Hi doctor,

I am 44 years old. I have CSR in my right eye. Please tell some solution other than laser treatment. Also, I see floaters in both eyes.





Welcome to dr.sitehome.info.

In simple words, CSCR is disease of the retina in which fluid is collected under the retina (central serous chorioretinopathy). It is common in people with stress and taking steroids.

If it is the first time, then treatment is not advised until three months as in majority cases it resolves spontaneously. You just need to make some changes in lifestyle to be stress-free.

If you are having recurrent attacks, then after some tests like fundus fluorescein angiography (FFA) or OCT (optical coherence tomography) the treatment could be advised. The laser is applied if we find some leaking spot. Other options are injection in the eye.

New studies have shown the role of Rifampicin. I suggest tablet Rifampicin 600 mg for four to six weeks and that has good results.

You need to visit your eye doctor and discuss all these options. If you have a fear for laser or injection, then you can try tablets after some basic tests such as LFTs (liver function tests) and RFTS (renal function tests).

I would advise you to visit your retina specialist for further management and discuss all options. He will do the best for you.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online –> https://www.dr.sitehome.info/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Ask a Doctor Online





Medical Questions

[], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], []

Facebook Comments

Post a comment