Q. What is the procedure to remove a blister in hand?



Hi doctor,

I have a blister in hand. This was caused because of playing tennis. I initially got this three years back. But, it is still persisting. It does not trouble when I do not play, but is uncomfortable while playing. Since I have it for long, please suggest any ointment. Also, advice if it can be removed completely with any procedure.





Welcome to dr.sitehome.info.

  • I have reviewed the attached photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and you have developed callosity due to playing tennis and because of the friction caused by holding a racquet.
  • I would suggest applying Duofilm lotion or Salex L lotion (Salicylic acid) on the affected areas twice daily.
  • With time you will notice the skin getting soft and you can remove the dead skin by scrubbing with a pumice stone. Continue this for four weeks and revert.
  • Alternatively, you can also consult a dermatologist and get it removed permanently by paring of the lesion or getting it enucleated.

Revert back after four weeks to a dermatologist online –> https://www.dr.sitehome.info/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Ask a Doctor Online





Medical Questions

[], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], []

Facebook Comments

Post a comment