Q. Would braces close wide gap between front teeth?



Hi doctor,

I have a wide gap between front teeth that was due to short upper and lower frenulums, which were removed nine years back. I also treated for periodontal disease as a result of these gaps. Now I have recessions (pockets), exposed root of that front tooth and also it is deviated. Do I need surgery for correction? What type of surgery? The lower front two teeth also have little recession. Please advice.





Welcome to dr.sitehome.info.

  • You need to get root canal treatment for the upper and lower central teeth then placement of a fixed partial denture (FPD ceramic crowns) on them to close the space. This will give a permanent solution to your problem.
  • It will give you a much better esthetic solution.
  • Kindly show it to your dentist and ask for fixed partial denture. It will take about two weeks to finish the treatment.

For further information consult a periodontist online –> https://www.dr.sitehome.info/ask-a-doctor-online/periodontist




Medical Questions

[], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], []

Facebook Comments

Post a comment